RANGE OF COUNSELLING SERVICES
On a contractual basis, we:
- Provide therapeutic assessment and referral services;
- Provide face-to-face counselling services;
- Provide telephone counselling and mentoring services;
- Provide counselling services, on-site in communities;
- Provide counselling services for a broad range of issues;
- Provide 3-7 day intensive counselling retreat services;
- Utilize interpreters/translators (upon client’s request and of client’s choice);
- Utilize a variety of techniques and approaches, such as, but not limited to: Client-centered, Strength-based, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focussed Therapy, Motivational Therapy, Harm Reduction, On-the-land Therapy, Play Therapy, Medicine Wheel Tracing; Mapping; Self-actualization Therapy, and Relaxation Therapy;
- Provide assessment, counselling and referral services in schools;
- Conduct group work for organizations;
- Provide and utilize Employee and Family Assistance Programs and Services;
- Provide Crisis Intervention for Trauma-related Issues;
- Provide Critical Incident Stress Management services.
RANGE OF ISSUES
We work with clientele who experience one or more identified problems such as, but not limited to:
- relationship/marital difficulties;
- family issues;
- child or teenage acting-out behaviors;
- separation or divorce;
- trauma, violence, abuse (sexual, emotional, spiritual, mental, physical);
- personal, community and institutional trauma (homicide, suicide, residential school, violence, abuse, disasters, other);
- loss and grief;
- suicide ideation;
- stress overload;
- boundary and limit setting;
- sexual identity issues;
- anger management;
- communication problems;
- addictions (alcohol, drugs, other substances, sexual, gambling);
- workplace conflicts;
- life directions and personal growth.
Confidential Assessments are made by the Therapeutic Counsellor. Assessments include the gathering of data from the individual, observations, informal assessment and standardized testing (if necessary). Assessments may be conducted by telephone.
Other assessments include, but are not limited to: SASSI (Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory) and StressMap.
Pending initial contact, assessment, preference of client, client situation, and discussions with clients, the Therapeutic Counsellor may refer clients to another service or counsellor, which are most accessible and suitable to clients needs and location.
EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM SERVICES (EFAP)
Through the delivery of EFAP, Life Works Counselling and Training Services Inc. contributes to individual and company performance by helping employees deal more effectively with challenges in their work and personal lives.
EFAP Services includes: custom-designed program development, delivery, administration and management of the EFAP.
CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS MANAGEMENT (CISM) SERVICES
Our CISM Services include:
- individual consult/crisis intervention;
- family support;
- community support
- organizational consultation;
- follow-up counselling and referral services.
Some of the types of incidents that would include CISM intervention include:
- Violent assaults in the workplace;
- Serious injury or threat of injury in the workplace;
Our CISM services are provided in response to the family, organization or community’s requests;
We consult and respond accordingly;
We provide team leadership and/or work with the leadership team within the community;
If requested, we work with translators, interpreters, and Elders.