WELCOME TO LIFE WORKS COUNSELLING AND TRAINING SERVICES INC.
Our services are provided to all levels of government, industries, Inuit and First Nation governments and organizations, education institutions, non-profit/for profit boards/organizations, businesses, families, couples, and individuals.
Life Works Counselling and Training Services Inc. provides, on a contractual basis:
- Assessment and referral services;
- Therapeutic counselling services for individuals, couples, families and communities;
- Telephone counselling and mentoring services;
- On-site (in communities who request our services) counselling services;
- Therapeutic counselling services for a broad range of issues;
- 3-7 days of intensive, focussed counselling retreats in Millarville, AB;
- Critical Incident Stress Management services for families, organizations and/or communities;
- Assessment, counselling and referral services in schools;
- Group work sessions for organizations;
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs and Services;
- Workshop delivery across Canada;
- Program Development and Implementation – (ie: Inuit Counsellor Training and Mentorship Program; Train the Facilitator Program; Work Ready Program, Making It Work Program);
- The option of utilizing Elders, translators and interpreters upon client’s request, and of client’s choice;
- A variety of techniques and approaches, such as: Client-centered, Strength-based, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focussed Therapy, Motivational Therapy, Harm Reduction, On-the-land Therapy, Play Therapy, Medicine Wheel Tracing; Mapping; Self-actualization Therapy, and Relaxation.
Terry Garchinski, B.A., B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S.W., is also registered as a service provider with Health Canada, Residential School Resolution Health Support Program, Northern Region (Yukon, NWT and Nunavut).
We provide a broad range of personal and professional development workshops and programs, such as:
- Healing From Loss and Grief
- Healing From The Negative Impacts of Residential School
- Take Charge of Your Life!
- Trauma Recovery
- Healing from Trauma, Loss, Violence, Abuse and Other Controlling and Hurtful Behaviors
- Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Postvention & Crisis Response Planning
- Aftermath of Suicide
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
- Managing Stress and Adapting to Change
- Strategies for Healthy Relationships
- Anger Management: Anger Is My Friend
- Healing Journey Program
- Addictions, Relationships and the Good Life
- Team Building
- Conflict Resolution: A Solution Is At Hand
- Attitudes On The Job: Attitudes, Ethics, and Personal Responsibility in the Workplace
- Work Ready Training Program (Time Management, Fly-in, Fly-out Relationships, Communications, Money Management and Banking, Stress Management)
- Making It Work Program (Fly-In, Fly-Out Relationships, Communications, Money Management)
- Professionalism in the Workplace
- Supervision: Building Positive Relationships
- Strategic Planning
- Developing Work Plans
- Delivering Effective Presentations
- Professional Facilitation
- Train the Facilitator
- Client Documentation, Confidentiality and File Management Training for Counsellors and Other Frontline Workers
- Our Life’s Journey: The Inuit Counsellors Training and Mentorship Program
- Train the Facilitator Program
- Work Ready Program – developed and implemented to meet your industry’s needs
- Making It Work Program
Upon request, we develop, custom tailor and deliver training workshops, curriculum, courses and programs to meet the specific needs of communities and organizations.
Working with Individuals, Families, Organizations and Communities
To provide client-centered services that facilitates healing, change and growth of individuals, families, organizations, and communities.
Life Works Counselling and Training Services Inc.’s philosophy is client-centered, to:
- Promote the process of change and growth in individuals, families, organizations and communities, utilizing a holistic approach of addressing their physical, emotional, mental, intellectual, cultural and spiritual needs;
- Ensure services are provided in the communities, where possible;
- Utilize the current community; infrastructure/services and build community capacity, working in partnership and in co-operation with existing community based services;
- Ensure the principles of safety, responsibility, respect and cooperation are basic to client healing.
Drawing on our collective wealth of experience and knowledge, we provide the highest possible level of services to our clients. We have a reputation for being mindful of the position of trust, confidentiality, and responsibility in our work with clientele. Integrity, honesty, confidentiality and fairness are essential to the way in which we conduct business.